- Your child deserves and needs an excellent education. That you are exploring Fuqua School shows your commitment to his or her future.
- You will join a school community that really cares about children and their success, from academics to character development to emotional well-being … a school community that is truly a family.
- Safety is of paramount importance to us, which is enhanced by the school’s intimate environment.
- Our honor code creates an atmosphere of trust and respect. There is never even a need to lock-up personal belongings.
- The school’s close, nurturing environment ensures that each student is embraced as an individual with talents, needs, and personal aspirations.
Small class sizes provide opportunities for individualized teaching, the development of close teacher-student relationships, hands-on learning, and active student engagement.
Our talented and dedicated faculty are encouraging and accessible, and foster life-long relationships with students.
- Our curriculum is rigorous and reflects the 21st century skills of critical thinking, collaboration, writing, and information literacy.
- Academics are accelerated whenever appropriate. Students are encouraged to work beyond traditional academic expectations, beginning in lower school. At the upper school, a range of advanced placement, honors, and college class offerings allow students to earn college credit while completing their high school education.
- Technology is integral to success in school and in life. Fuqua School is linked to the world.
- Experiential learning, from field trips to speakers to special assemblies, deeply enriches the curriculum and provides greater understanding and application of concepts.
- Personalized college counseling, beginning in middle school, helps ensure that our students are accepted at top colleges and universities.
- Community service is a priority and serves as a base for teaching the value of helping others.
- The arts are fundamental at Fuqua, enhancing not only creativity but also academic success.
- Athletics abound! With 13 different sports, from football to swimming to lacrosse to cross country, multiple opportunities are available for all students, grades 6-12.
- Rich extracurricular opportunities provide meaningful experiences beyond the classroom.
- Our safe, attractive 60-acre campus includes two gyms, a swimming pool, numerous athletic fields, and a nature trail. We are a Certified Wildlife Habitat™.
- Our International Program brings students from a variety of countries, adding diversity and a broader world view.
- Tutoring support is available in every grade, provided by Fuqua School teachers or through Sylvan Learning at Fuqua. Sylvan offers free assessments and reduced prices for Fuqua families, including costs of basic tutoring and SAT prep classes.
- Financial assistance is available. We work with families to help make a Fuqua School education a reality for their child.
- Proven success!
- Our graduating seniors have been offered collectively between $2.2 and $5.2 million annually in academic college scholarships (average class size - 25).
- 92% of our current seniors have been accepted into their first-choice schools.
- Our students are accepted into a range of prestigious colleges and universities, including among others UVA, William and Mary, the University of Richmond, Washington and Lee, The United States Military Academy West Point and VA Tech.