Band - Tyler Gage
Welcome back! I hope you all had a great winter break. Please take the time before we head back to campus to make sure that your instrument is in good working order, you join my Senior Band 02 Google Classroom, and look over the Spring Syllabus. See you soon!
- Read, sign, and submit the Senior Band Syllabus to Google Classroom. The classroom code is under "Resources". - Due by 11:59pm Friday, January 8th.
- Make sure that you have all needed supplies for your instrument; Woodwinds: Instrument, Cleaning rag, Reeds (except flute), Cork Grease (except flute). Brass: Instrument, Cleaning Kit (should include Slide Oil/Grease, Valve Oil, Cleaning Snake) Percussion: Bells, Snare, Drum Sticks, Bell Sticks. - Must be ordered by Monday, January 18th.
I recommend using Hill City Music for all equipment purchases as they travel to campus for repair, cleaning, and purchase dropoff/pickups. Please remember when searching for an instrument online, you normally get the quality that you pay for, if you are purchasing a used instrument or receiving an old instrument you should take it to a repair shop for needed repairs and cleaning before playing it.
Join Google Classroom
- A Christmas Tale (Krampus)
- A Family Christmas
- A Christmas Scrapbook
- The Great Jingle Bell Chase
- Where Eagles Soar
- Anthem for Winds and Percussion
-Don't Get Around Much Anymore
-In the Mood
-25 or 6 to 4
- Santa Baby
- Swingle Bells
Google Classroom Code: wlzqs23
Need to hear the piece while practicing? Click the link below and search by Title, Composer, and Arranger.
Need Key Signature Help? Check out and test yourself!
Need Note Recognition Help? Check out and test yourself!
Mr. Gage has been with the Music Department at Fuqua School as the Assistant Director since 2012 and is happy to be controlling the future of the program as the Director of Bands. He studied Music Education and Music Performance at Longwood University. Mr. Gage does practice what he preaches; performing all over the east coast with many groups, including the Lynchburg Symphony Orchestra and a New Orleans Brass Band that he founded and runs.