Mission, Beliefs, & Core Values
The mission of Fuqua School is to create a safe and supportive learning environment which fosters the development of boundless individual potential.
- Education is the collaborative responsibility of students, teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Learning is enhanced through the blending of advanced technologies, strong curriculum, and proud traditions.
- High expectations promote optimal growth and personal accountability.
- Integrity, ethics, leadership, and service must be honored and developed.
- An effective learning environment provides a balance of academic, artistic, athletic, and social opportunities.
- Diversity strengthens a school community and should be embraced.
- A strong sense of teamwork and mutual respect are imperative for a school to flourish.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Diversity strengthens a school community and should be embraced. Embracing diversity means helping people through a commitment to continued education about multi-cultural topics, meaningful dialogue about social identity, and access to opportunities and resources that will enable all members of the Fuqua community to thrive. We believe all students benefit from this focus on social responsibility and inclusiveness. Our goal is for each member of the Fuqua community to demonstrate respect for the dignity of every person.
Notice of Student Nondiscriminatory Policy
Fuqua School admits students of any race, sex, color, national and ethnic origin, or religion to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national and ethnic origin, or religion in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
In 2015, the Head of School reached out to faculty, staff, and students to gather their input on Fuqua School's top nine core values. Each month focuses on each of the following values: honesty (August/September), responsibility (October), kindness (November), compassion (December), respect (January), commitment (February), perseverance (March), cooperation (April), and fairness (May) will be woven into the classroom and campus activities.